Each secondary unit:
The National Natural Science Foundation of China has issued the 2020 National Natural Science Foundation project notification notice. In order to do a good job, the relevant matters are now notified as follows:
I. Application Project Category
1. The types of projects that will receive applications in 2020 include: general projects, key projects, some major research projects, youth science foundation projects, outstanding youth science foundation projects, national outstanding youth science foundation projects, innovative research group projects, and basic sciences Central projects, regional science fund projects, some joint fund projects, major national research instrument development projects (free application), mathematical Tianyuan fund projects, key international (regional) cooperative research projects, and foreign youth scholar research fund projects.
2. For other types of projects that are not in the scope of centralized application acceptance, the Natural Science Foundation of China will publish separate guidelines. For international (regional) cooperation and exchange projects that receive applications at any time, applicants should avoid the centralized reception period and submit applications.
3. In 2020, the National Natural Science Foundation of China will continue to expand the scope of paperless applications. On the basis of the continued implementation of paperless applications for key projects, outstanding youth science fund projects, and youth science fund projects, the General Program and regional science fund projects will be included. Paperless application scope. When applying for the above types of projects, the relying unit only needs to confirm the electronic application and attached materials online, and does not need to submit a paper application. After the project is approved, the paper signature and seal pages of the application form will be bound at the end of the "Funded Project Plan" and submitted together. The signature and seal information should be consistent with the electronic application.
How to write an application
All types of projects "Applications for National Natural Science Funds" (hereinafter referred to as "applications") are written online.
Third, the applicant's attention
1. Applicants should carefully read the Regulations of the National Natural Science Foundation of China (hereinafter referred to as the “Regulations”) and related types of project management measures, and the “Management Measures of National Natural Science Fund-funded Projects” (Caijiao  No. 15). Supplementary Notice on Issues Related to the Management of Funds Supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Cai Kejiao  No. 19) Supplementary Notice on the Administration of Funds Supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Guo Ke Cai Cai  No. 88) Notice on Further Improving the Management of Science Fund Projects and Funds "(Guoke Jin Cai Cai  No. 31) (collectively referred to as the fund management measures and supplementary notices)," Guide to the National Natural Science Fund Project of 2020 "(hereinafter referred to as" Guide ") , Log in to the Science Fund Network Information System (hereinafter referred to as the information system) after January 15, 2020, and write applications in accordance with the outline and relevant requirements for the writing of various types of project applications. Applicants who do not have an account of the information system should apply for account opening from the contact person of the unit fund management.
2. Applicants should follow the basic principles of "target relevance, policy compliance, and economic rationality" in accordance with the relevant provisions of the fund management measures and supplementary notices, and the specific requirements of the "State Natural Science Fund Project Budget Preparation Instructions", Carefully compile the "National Natural Science Fund Project Budget Sheet". If multiple units jointly undertake a project, the project applicant and the participant of the cooperative research unit shall separately prepare the project budget, which shall be compiled by the applicant after being reviewed by the unit. Please note: The 2020 National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars uses a “contracting system” for project funding, and applicants do not need to prepare a project budget.
3. After the applicant finishes writing the application, submit the electronic application and attached materials online, download and print the final PDF version of the application (except for projects that implement paperless applications), and ensure that the paper application is consistent with the electronic version. The applicant shall promptly submit to the relying unit the original signed paper application, as well as the original paper materials and other attachments required by relevant certification letters, recommendation letters and other special instructions.
4. Both the applicant and the participant should apply for the project with a unique identity document. If other identity documents have been used as the applicant or the participant has received project funding, it should be stated in the application.
5. The applicant should ensure that the e-mail address provided is unimpeded and effective, so that after the project review is completed, the applicant can receive timely notification of the application for funding approval or non-funding notification, as well as relevant information about expert review opinions, otherwise the legal consequences caused by the application shall be applied by People do it themselves.
6. The Natural Science Foundation of China will announce the results of the preliminary review of the application before April 29, 2020, and accept the review application.
Fourth, our school related work arrangements
1. Each second-level unit must actively organize relevant personnel of this unit to carefully read and study the "Guide to the National Natural Science Foundation of 2020 Project" and other documents, and combine with our school's "Arrangement of the National Natural Science Foundation of 2020 Project Application Work" to make good fund declaration. Ready to work.
2. Prospective applicants who have not opened an account in our school must be summarized by each second-level digit (name, email address, title, department), and submitted to the Science and Technology Department (electronic version) before January 15, 2020. The Science and Technology Department opens a unified account.
3. The Science and Technology Department will open an account based on the applicant's basic information, and then the applicant will activate the personal account by email and complete the personal information (the activation is valid for a lifetime).
4. After the applicant finishes writing the application, please submit the electronic application and attached materials online before February 21, 2020. The Science and Technology Division will organize a formal application form review, and the project leader who has passed the review will download and print the final PDF version of the application. (Guarantee that the paper application is the same as the electronic version), and the original documents and other attachments required to be submitted for certification, recommendation, commitment, and other special instructions. Units will be reported to the Science and Technology Department after the collection.
Five, matters needing attention
1. There are major changes in the application requirements for some projects in 2020. Applicants are requested to read the Guide and relevant notices carefully, and pay attention to the website of the Natural Science Foundation of China for relevant information.
2. The Guide is planned to be issued in early January 2020 and published on the website of the Natural Science Foundation of China.
Phone and URL
1. Information System Technical Support (Information Center) Tel: 010-62317474.
2. Financial consultation telephones: 010-62327225, 010-62326760, 010-62329112.
3. Consultation telephone for each project type:
① General project, key project, national major scientific research instrument development project, etc .: 010-62329336, 010-62325557, 010-62327008.
②Youth Science Fund Project, Outstanding Youth Science Fund Project, National Outstanding Youth Science Fund Project, Innovation Research Group Project, Regional Science Fund Project, etc .: 010-62326889, 010-62325932.
③ Major research plan projects, major projects, joint fund projects, basic science center projects, etc .: 010-62326872, 010-62328484.
④ International (regional) cooperative research and exchange project: 010-62327001.
4.Related Website Address
Official website of the Natural Science Foundation of China: http://www.nsfc.gov.cn/
Fund Network Information System Website: http://isisn.nsfc.gov.cn/
Science Foundation Shared Services Network: http://output.nsfc.gov.cn/
December 27, 2020